Kale and Sausage Frittata Cups
This frittata recipe is endlessly customizable; switch up the filling ingredients based on your preferences. Making this recipe ahead makes weekday breakfast a breeze!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 5 breakfast sausages, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 12-cup muffin tin; set aside. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Stir in cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley, basil, ore-gano, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Spread kale, sausage, and cheddar cheese evenly among muffin cups. Pour egg mixture evenly among muffin cups (if you find you will not have enough egg mixture for all 12, adjust the filling in the cups accordingly).
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until knife inserted in middle of frittata comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Adjust filling ingredients based on preference.
- Bake in a mini muffin tin and serve as an appetizer.
- Calories 123
- Fat 8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Sodium 315 mg
- Carbohydrate 2 g
- Fibre 0 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 10 g