Savoury Potato and Chorizo Frittata
It’s easy to make, and can be easily adapted to use up ingredients that are usually on hand in your kitchen.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped frozen hash browns
- 6 oz dry-cured chorizo sausage, casing removed and cubed
- ½ cup diced sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp smoked or regular paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Heat oil in medium non-stick, oven-proof skillet or cast-iron skillet set over medium heat. Cook hash browns, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add sausage, red pepper, rosemary, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until sausage starts to brown. Spread evenly in skillet. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until blended and pour evenly over sausage mixture. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Serve warm, cut into wedges.